The Continental Radio Station (CRS) is an online radio station run by African media savvies targeting the African and world audience.
It broadcasts round the clock in English and French.
Among other things, CRS is also a media platform that seeks to expose budding African artists and music as well as for African music lovers.
Our radio is manned by a committed team of seasoned media professionals and a network correspondents across the continent and beyond.
- Our vision
- To be a key player of the African music platform
- Our mission
- Play and show the wonderful and rich sounds of the African continent ; its plenteous heritage, vibrant development and the path to its glowing future.
- Booming Internet in Africa mostly powered by mobile telecommunications (3G connections)
- Several online radio offering only playlists but no contents
- The show business is booming with urban music but no distribution network, no global exposure to offer
- Contents like interviews, news and podcasts are mostly offered by big radios (BBC, VOA, RFI) for renown artists thus restricting opportunities to new comers, locals key players or legends
Too many online radios for the western world and less for the African music
- The audience is huge but the offer is tiny or lacks appropriate contents although receiving slight but insufficient pushes from local TV via mobile operators or cable bouquets and TV that are not always affordable
– Mobile Operators sell contents from Europe, America or Asia
– No local or customized contents available for people to identify themselves
- Internet via online radios connects the African Diaspora to its roots, giving news, events and playlists as will (at home, at the office)
- Internet users
- African music lovers
To provide the web with more emotional and entertaining African music contents,
- Entertainment, sustain with news, information and legacy
- Discographies and discoveries
- Meeting people: interviews, concerts, collaborations
- Culture; music of various countries
- Live streaming or recorded programs (podcasts)
- Interactive shows; live chats, via Social media fields (Facebook and Twitter fields )
- Customize the offer for sponsors or TV requiring partnerships
Boost the audience
- Track visits and downloads to optimize adherence
- Games and activities with gifts to increase audience and loyalty
Build a win-win partnership with sponsors
- Engage them in a strong and specific partnership(site redirections, number of clicks, visitors)
- Sustain the starter offer with more offers and contents
Propose global contents for African music and the rest of the world
Specifically in English for the start and in French in long term,
Create a dedicated and challenging offer for the African music lovers community
That will identify themselves both as listeners, members, participants of debates and chats, contributors in enriching our database.
Develop products and services for various medias and channels
- Web platform
- Podcasts and short programs (archives)
- Mobile Contents (Ringtones, Video downloads, Mobile applications)
- Social Medias. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Revenue streams via these channels; banners in the websites, adverts, sponsored shows, photos
Build up a strong and positive image of our brand
- Different from ordinary online radios
Continental Radio Station offers the following:
- Top 20
- Animations ( live shows: Star News, guests, interviews, Shout outs, call to action debates, votes, quiz)
- Live concerts and events
- Podcasts and downloads
A broadcast calendar is adjusted based on key happenings.